Perpetual motion machines are the snake oil of physics.
The most persistent dream of inventors by far is to create the machine that will start itself to overcome friction and still have power left to do useful work – Perpetual Motion Machine.
- Perpetual motion is the motion of bodies that continues forever in an unperturbed system.
- A perpetual motion machine is a hypothetical machine that can do work infinitely without an external energy source.
- These machines are impossible because of the law of conservation of energy – which states that Energy can neither be created or destroyed but transformed from one form to another.
- If you see a machine producing motion heat, or any other form of energy – keep looking for the source of energy.
- if 1kg of apples is $5 and 2kg is $10, how much is -1kg of apples?. Answer – priceless.
- mater with negative mass has long been a pipe dream of researchers.
- if you travel faster than light – you might as well travel back in time.
- mass is defined as the ability of an object to resist motion as defined by the Newtons second law motion.
- mass is the property that causes and responds to gravity – them more the mass of an object the more it responds to gravitational pull.
- mass also make objects accelerate slowly.
- Negative masses in Newtonian gravity repel each other while positive masses attract.
- So a positive and a negative mass apple placed side by side should chase each other across the cosmos accelerating forever.
- This is not possible because it violates the energy conditions of general relativity .
- The mere existence of negative mass breaks certain energy conditions and have implication for the stability of the vacuum itself.
- some say negative can’t exist, some say it can.
- we don’t know whether negative mass exist this is the land of unresolved physic.
- You could use the assumption that positive mass both attracts and is repelled by negative mass, to come up with a way to use a pair of infinitely accelerating positive and negative mass objects to build a perpetual motion machine.