- Telepathy/Mind Reading is a psychic power that allows a character to read another person’s thoughts and/or communicate with them mentally
- Telepathy is the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction
- Telepathy falls into two categories: Telepathic Communication, which is the ability to transmit information from one mind to another, and Telepathic Perception, which is the ability to receive information from another mind.
Getting someone to feel or think or ‘hear’ something from far away, without the use of sounds or symbols or anything else but bare thought. There are several types of telepathic activity :
- telepathic impression (planting a message, image, or word into someone else’s mind),
- mind reading (copying or sensing, but not interfering with, what’s going on in someone else’s mind),
- mental communication (a smartphone of the mind, but without the bills),
- mind control (actually commanding or compelling the thoughts, and thus the actions, of another person through telepathy).
The truth is, there’s no credible evidence that a mind can be made to take action by way of projecting thoughts into someone.