- What do Birds See ?
- a normal human can see up to 1 million colors.
- Tetrachromacy is the condition of possessing four independent channels(cone cells) for conveying color information.
- In tetrachromatic organism the sensory color space is four dimensional.
- to match the sensory effect of arbitrary chosen spectra of light within their visible spectra atleast four different primary colors are required.
- fish, bird, amphibians, reptiles and insects exhibits tetrachromacy.
- these organisms are able to distinguish color that appear identical to human beings.
- what does the world looks like through birds eyes?
- birds can see the ultraviolet part of the electromagnetic spectrum, they can also able to see the electromagnetic fields.